Bar and Event Manager
Bar / Events Manager
The Hive is a community of creative freelancers and dynamic entrepreneurs doing amazing things. We provide a collaborative workspace and an inspiring community for young companies.
The Hive is Asia’s largest coworking network that spans across Asia Pacific from Tokyo to Melbourne.
With a newly created Events space at our Carpenter location, we’re looking for an ambitious, outgoing Bar / Events Leader to create an amazing atmosphere and buzz. You will be taking care of events, looking after members and welcoming guests.
You should be passionate, have great energy, action oriented, hard working, fast learning , and inspire those around you.
About the role
As the Bar / Events Manager, you’ll be the primary contact for all events / bar related matters, and to always ensure an excellent vibe and enjoyable night for everyone.
Goals and Objectives:
- Demonstrate the Hive’s core values and strive to achieve our mission
- Create and develop the space, moulding it into a hotspot for creatives and entrepreneurs
- Develop weekly events to attract people to the space
- Ensure that the space is faultlessly clean, operational and that all events run smoothly
- If something needs doing you do it yourself
- Live and breathe Events – they are the lifeblood of community building
- Work hours from 2pm to 10pm
- Host and drive all private and community events for the space
- Develop ideas for events
- Manage the bar operations including monitoring daily operations and quality service delivery, controlling cost, and enforcing standard operating procedures
- Ensure the cleanliness of the space, equipment and utensils
- Ensure service delivery and guest entertainment
- Drive strategy in collaboration with Head of Events and Location Manager
- Maintain a fun, safe and overall awesome vibe for Hivers and customers alike
- Maintain relationship with event collaborators
- Carry out admin/finance related tasks
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs
- 3+ years experience in F&B and Bar or Events related experience
- Strong leadership, team building and interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service focused mindset
- Self-motivated, on the ball with a strong sense of responsibility
- Passion and understanding for entrepreneurial communities
- Highly creative and able to formulate a unique vision for our communities and members
- Competitive salary, tips and incentive scheme
- Join an international network with excellent career development opportunities
To apply, provide a cover letter, resume, expected salary and availability